Here at WarBabies, we are currently a Not-For-Profit organization and operate strictly on donations. To date, most of it has been paid for out of our own pockets. We handle each case individually based on their situation and need, we do not charge a fee for our services. However, there are some expenses involved, such as purchasing DNA kits, postage for communications, traveling to meet clients and other operating essentials. Donations are heavily relied on to offset the cost of successfully reconnecting families. Our hope is to become a bonafide 501(c) Nonprofit Organization in 2020 and begin to procure Grant funding. We cannot get there without your help!
Operation Expenses include:
- DNA Kits (typically $120 with shipping unless there are sales available)
- Cost of maintaining website (approx. $140 annually)
- Subscriptions to Ancestry, MyHeritage and other research and locating services (approx. $1200 annually)
- Administrative expenses for printing and shipping kits, etc. (we keep this very minimal, less than $10 per package)
- Travel expenses to work with individuals (typically fuel for meeting clients, less than $10 per trip)
We try to operate as digitally and paper-free as possible to keep expenses low and lessen our environmental footprint. We do not include internet access, computer and device equipment, printing and phone service in our operating budget. Our volunteers spend countless hours doing research and reaching out to individuals for free.
We are humbled and grateful to our sponsors who have donated funds to go towards helping our mission. Many thanks to:
- Moc Nguyen
- Huong Nguyen
- Paul Steffen
- Don Nguyen
- Hung Ho
- Long Pham
- Tiffany Thao Nguyen
- Tina Vicario
- Neil & Donna Wiley
Please consider donating to help our cause, every single dollar will go towards defraying the essential cost to keep up our work. If you would like to contribute, please do so securely below.